We have volunteer opportunities large and small available now – committee positions are being filled for 2019/20 – lead or provide help. Most parents at Roscomare work –we have opportunities for working and non-working parents. Click here for a list of all the Committees.
Click here to Sign up online for volunteer opportunities.
NEW FAMILY GUIDE | Note, some information below will change due to the pandemic.
Table of Contents
- TK/KINDERGARTEN NEW STUDENT WELCOME
- SCHOOL HOURS
- KISS & RIDE / MORNING DROP-OFF
- WHAT TO BRING
- FRIENDS OF ROSCOMARE (F.O.R.) – parent organization
- ANNUAL GIVING FUND
- ROSCO READER NEWSLETTER & E-BLASTS
- IN THE CLASSROOM
- KINDERGARTEN YARD
- FRIDAY MORNING ASSEMBLY
- FREE & EASY WAYS YOU CAN EARN MONEY FOR ROSCOMARE
- CORPORATE SPONSORS
- SCHOOL-WIDE EVENTS
- SPIRIT WEAR
- AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAMS
- LOST & FOUND
Congratulations on joining our wonderful Roscomare Community, where lasting friendships and a commitment to quality education flourish!
Roscomare Road Elementary School holds the unique honor of being a CALIFORNIA DISTINGUISHED SCHOOL by the California State Board of Education, an award given to approximately 5% of California schools that best represent exemplary and quality educational programs. And we’ve also been named a GOLD RIBBON SCHOOL! With a student body of approximately 400 Kindergarten/TK through 5th graders, Roscomare Road Elementary School proudly serves parts of the Bel Air and Sherman Oaks communities.
Together, our Principal, teaching staff and active parent association (Friends of Roscomare) are dedicated to enriching the elementary experience of every student. We rely on the donation of time, talents and resources by parents, teachers, staff and our partners in the community to continue to make Roscomare a premier top-ranking public school within Los Angeles Unified School District.
As we welcome you and your family to your first year at Roscomare, we hope the attached guide will provide important and timely information.
We look forward to seeing you and your children for the TK/Kindergarten Welcome which takes place the week before school starts on Thursday August 12th. The first day of instruction is on Monday, August 16 (Early Dismissal every Tuesday 8:10AM-1:43PM).
TK/KINDERGARTEN NEW STUDENT WELCOME
All new students and parents are encouraged to attend the TK/Kindergarten New Student Welcome. Also, playdates have been scheduled for enrolled incoming K/TK students… contact the office is you are enrolled and want this information.
School starts promptly at 8:15 AM and the day ends at 2:43 PM, with the exception of Early Dismissal Tuesdays, which end at 1:43 PM. There are two bells: the first bell rings at 8:10 AM and classrooms are open, the second bell rings at 8:15 AM indicating the start of school.
Children who arrive after the 8:15 AM bell will enter through the office and will be marked tardy.
In accordance with district policy, be sure to deliver a note to the office explaining any day your child is marked tardy or absent. As district policy, you will receive phone calls and emails from LAUSD every time your child is late or absent so we suggest arriving to school on time to avoid that.
- Early Dismissal every Tuesday hours are 8:10 AM – 1:43 PM.
- Minimum Day hours are 8 AM – 12:29 PM. Minimum Days include Parent Conferences, Open House, STEM Night, and other days designated throughout the year. Note, there is an earlier start time of 8am on minimum days.
VIP Parking: Limited VIP parking spaces on the front parking lot are available by live auction at the Gala for the following school year. One-Two spots will be auctioned off for this 2021/2022 school year.
Parking at Roscomare is challenging (see Kiss & Ride) – particularly during the first 2 weeks of school. Families who arrive early (by 7:30 AM) for morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up (by 2:10PM) will have a much easier time securing street parking. If you arrive early, come in to the school, we often have projects where we could use a hand – offer to help, you’ll make friends. Note, due to the pandemic, this process may be different – please stay tuned.
The parking lot where Bel Air Foods used to be graciously allows Roscomare families to park in the parking spots at the back of the lot (closest to school), just a short walk to campus. Please leave the first several spots nearest the market and other businesses for their patrons. Long-term parking is not permitted.
Please read posted signs and do not block residential driveways, and please do not block our ONE SCHOOL EMERGENCY GATE on Roscomare Road (if you took an in person tour and parked inside the gate, that’s the gate you drove through. If you block another car in front of the school, you must leave your cell phone number on your dashboard so you can be reached to move your car. Please be courteous to our neighbors, our local market, and patient with one another. Above all, safety is our top priority.
Note, there is a lane that is for drive thru only — no drop off or parking is allowed in the drive-thru lane.
No texting while driving into school… it can wait, let’s keep our children, families and staff safe.
There is no drop-off or parking in the drive-through lanes on-campus in the morning or at pick-up as doing so will block the flow of cars and cause significant traffic congestion in both directions of Roscomare Road.
Please follow these rules, to allow for a safe and friendly school environment. Our children are watching and learning.
KISS & RIDE / MORNING DROP-OFF – This process may be different due to the pandemic – stay tuned.
- To ease with the transition to TK/Kindergarten, and for the safety of our students, TK/Kindergarten students must be walked to the Kindergarten Yard in the morning for the first 2 months of instruction. Kiss & Ride is available to TK/Kindergarten beginning Tuesday, October 1st.
- If it’s raining at morning drop-off, please walk your child to the Auditorium, where your teacher will meet him/her when the bell rings. Both yards are closed before and after school when it rains.
The flow of morning traffic on Roscomare Road can be a challenge. Parking (see PARKING) is available on portions of the street near campus, as well as in the northern-most parking spaces at Bel Air Market. Please read signs carefully to prevent your car from being towed.
To ease local traffic conditions, KISS & RIDE is our parent-run “valet” system, allowing parents to avoid street parking, and lots of extra traffic, by pulling in the front school drop-off lane (lane closest to the sidewalk), remaining in their car, and dropping-off their child to a Roscomare parent who will open their door, greets them with a friendly smile, help them with backpacks, musical instruments, lunch bags, etc. This eliminates the need to find parking in order to walk a child to class. After October when TK and Kinder children can use Kiss & Ride, those children will also be walked to the Kinder yard by the Kiss & Ride parent.
Kiss & Ride is run solely by Roscomare parents and requires 100% participation by every family. Each family has a MANDATORY responsibility to participate for one hour 7:30 AM- 8:30 AM approximately 6 mornings during the school year – families who are not able to be present may assign a nanny or another suitable replacement to fill their required position. Weekly Kiss & Ride schedules are assigned by class and are distributed at the beginning of the school year for plenty of advance notice. Room Parents will contact you with schedule information.
Eleven parents are required each morning from 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM for Kiss and Ride to remain open. Duties include: opening car doors, helping students exit cars and moving traffic along safely, quickly and efficiently. Without 11 volunteers, Kiss & Ride could be shut down, making the morning commute unbearable for all. Contact Anisa Abji (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to help.
For safety, you may not be on your cell phone or texting while pulling into Kiss N Ride.
PICK-UP – This process may be different due to the pandemic – stay tuned.
All TK/Kindergarten students must be picked-up on-time from their teacher at the classroom by a parent/guardian at the end of each school day. As a reminder, Tuesday’s are always a 1:43 early pick up, and we have several days a year that are minimum days when pick up is at 12:29pm. Forms are available in the office should you need to pick-up early, but please avoid late pickups and anticipate traffic getting to pick up after 2:15pm.
WHAT TO BRING
- LUNCH & SNACK: TK/Kindergarten classes have a morning snack (around 10 AM) on the Kindergarten Yard and lunch (either 12 noon or 12:30pm) inside the Auditorium. Please send your child to school with a healthy snack and lunch every day-be sure to include any needed utensils/napkin, or you can just send a snack and have your child purchase lunch from the school cafeteria. Cafeteria pricing and menu are available online at http://www.schoolmenu.com/menu/ca/lausd/roscomare-elementary/. Even if your child does not plan to get food from the cafeteria, a cash account should be established with the cafeteria staff (in case they forget lunch or drop their sandwich, etc.) and can be done in person or online – any unused funds will transfer to the following year. Filtered water is available in all classrooms provided by Friends of Roscomare, and students typically bring a reusable water bottle for lunch. Please see your teacher with questions.
- SUPPLIES: All school supplies are provided. Your child will need a backpack that fits an 8 ½” x 11″ homework folder, their lunch bag/box and their reusable water bottle.
Friends Of Roscomare (referred to as F.O.R. or FOR in all caps)
Friends of Roscomare is our wonderfully dedicated parent association. There are monthly meetings open to all parents throughout the year providing the opportunity to get involved, learn about our school, and hear the latest news and updates from our parent-run board, parent committee chairs and members, and our Principal. Meetings will begin in the 2021/22 school year on Zoom due to Covid-19… Meetings generally take place in the library and are kept to one hour from 8:30-9:30 AM – once a month on a Friday. All parents are encouraged to attend, and one representative room parent from each class is expected to attend. Meeting agendas are posted on our website on the FOR Board Page and the bulletin board prior to the meeting.
Through Annual Giving and its many fundraising activities, Friends of Roscomare funds the following programs and positions:
- Classroom Aides
- Computer Lab & Teacher
- STEM Labs
- Library books
- Art Teacher & supplies
- Performing Arts – Dance/Sing
- Physical Education Coaches
- Campus Beautification/Repairs
- STEM Family Night
- Teacher Training
- An additional Teacher to improve overall teacher/student ratios
- LexiaCore 5 Computer program – supports educators in providing differentiated literacy instruction for students of all abilities. Used at home and at school
F.O.R. BOARD MEMBERS 2021/2022:
President, Sharon Silver
President, Rachel Dworkin
Co-Treasurer, Sally Vosicher
Co-Treasurer, Veronique Audouy
Secretary, Carolina Carrasco
Our dedicated and talented Committee Chairs are on the website here.
Friends of Roscomare Board/Parent Meeting Schedule for the 2021/22 school year is below – the first meeting is scheduled for Friday September 10th, 2021 10:30amon zoom. Come for the whole meeting or a few minutes, we don’t mind if you need to leave early, we are happy to have you! When we are in person, we always have coffee and a breakfast treat too, and younger children are welcome!
Friday, October 8th FOR Parent/Board meeting
Friday, November 5th FOR Parent/Board meeting
Friday, December 3rd FOR Parent/Board meeting
Friday, January 21st FOR Parent/Board meeting
Friday, February 18th FOR Parent/Board meeting
Friday, March 11 FOR Parent/Board meeting (Elections)
Friday, April 22nd FOR Parent/Board meeting
Annual Giving is an essential program that finances the many valuable educational enrichments at Roscomare that are not at all funded by LAUSD, including art, music, computer teacher, computer lab, science teacher and lab, physical education coaches, classroom aides, library books, an extra teacher, supplies, and much more. All contributions to the Annual Giving Fund directly benefit our school and are 100% tax deductible. Without 100 percent participation from all families on a per student basis, staff positions and programs need to be cut.
The minimum contribution request for the 2021/2022 school year is $1,200/per student and there are higher suggested amounts for parents who are comfortable doing so. This amounts to $6.67 per school day – there are 180 school days. Pay online here, or drop a check (payable to Friends of Roscomare or F.O.R.) in the office. Additional forms are also available in the office. Your generosity is greatly appreciated and needed to pay the staff and programs that parent volunteers have lined up for this school year. We strive to keep our minimum requested amount low and rely on other fundraisers throughout the year to fulfill our budget requirements. For comparison, neighboring LAUSD elementary schools request as much as $2,700/student. We also rely on matching contibutions from companies – most large companies will match their employees contribution to Friends of Roscomare- a 501c3 organization – so please ask your HR department.
In order for our school to maintain it’s high-quality programs and excellent standard of education, your $1,200/per child contribution needs to be made at the start of every school year in August. Payment plans are available starting at $120/month. As a reminder you are no longer paying for your child to attend preschool! And you are avoiding $40,000 a year in private school because you are able to send your child to a great public school — it only stays great if everyone participates in the $1,200, per student contribution in August. Pay online here,
Many companies have set aside annual charitable contribution funds, or MATCHING PROGRAMS. Please contact your employer to determine whether they will match your contribution. It’s free, easy and a win-win, earning money for Roscomare – and a tax deduction for your company. Ask early, don’t wait for your company to exhaust their funds on other schools.
For matching questions, please contact Sally Vosicher at email@example.com with questions.
ROSCO READER NEWSLETTER & E-BLASTS
Sign-up now at: www.RoscomareRoadSchool.net click “SIGN-UP for ROSCO READER, our weekly E-newsletter that arrives around 8am on Sunday’s, containing timely reminders, key dates and upcoming events from Friends of Roscomare Committees, Board and our Principal. In our continued effort to “be green” and save money, paper copies are not distributed. Note, please check your spam/junk mail for two weeks after signing up as it may end up there. Eblasts are also sent with timely info and reminders. Thanks to volunteer parents who put this important information together each week to help make sure we don’t miss anything! Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to avoid having the email go to your junk folder.
IN THE CLASSROOM
There are many opportunities to be involved in your child’s Kindergarten/TK experience, get to know their friends and participate as they learn and grow. Please talk to your teacher.
- CLASSROOM FUND: The typical Classroom Fund amount is $125/per student. The Classroom Fund is managed by your volunteer parent Classroom Treasurer and is a one-time contribution. This fund pays for a number of class-specific necessities, including equipment, materials and supplies, rug and room cleaning, luncheon celebrations, teacher gift, and more. Please deliver your check payable to the name of your class treasurer and give it to your teacher or Classroom Treasurer in the first or second week of school.
Want to be a Room Parent or Room Treasurer? Let your Teacher know!
Room Parents & Room Treasurer: Our School-Wide Room Parent Coordinator, emails all Room Parents regular reminders and frequent updates throughout the year. She will hold one mandatory informational meeting at the start of the year for all room parents on Monday, August 30th.
- Room Parents are selected by the teacher and are responsible for supporting the teacher and classroom, communicating with all parents in the class and keeping them informed and up to date about important school information, all events, reminders, fundraising and activities. Room Parents are also responsible for coordinating Kiss & Ride for your class (see KISS & RIDE), setting-up and maintaining a helpful, easy to use, and resourceful classroom page at www.shutterfly.com, and attending the one-hour monthly Friends Of Roscomare Meetings during the school year. All room parents are expected to be supporting members of Friends of Roscomare Annual Giving, and encourage their class to reach 100% participation. Each class will have 3-5 room parents to share responsibilities.
- The Classroom Treasurer will collect and closely manage the Classroom Fund. He/She will check in with their teacher regularly to learn about classroom needs,and will track receipts, pay reimbursements and maintain a detailed account balance sheet for the teacher and other room parents. A sample budget is provided at the beginning of the year in the Annual Meeting of Room Parents. Room Parent Coordinator, Heather Mock emails updates and reminders throughout the year. Each class will have one Treasurer.
- Classroom Help: TK/Kindergarten Teachers set-up a daily volunteer schedule for parents to help in the classroom. Typically, shifts are 8:15AM – 12PM (mornings), and 12PM – 2:43PM (afternoons, with the exception of early dismissal Tuesdays). Please contact your teacher to volunteer. These are treasured moments in the classroom which are only available during these early years. Our teachers welcome your help! You must apply for and be approved as an official LAUSD volunteer in order to help in your classroom. Click here to get started.
There are Kindergarten/TK playdates scheduled for people with children starting Roscomare in August 2021. Once enrolled, you may request this information from the office.
There is typically an evening Kindergarten/TK parent wine/cheese social early in the school year for parents to meet- adults only. We may or may not plan to hold an event in 2021…stay tuned for information and ticket purchase.
Occasions typically celebrated in the classroom include: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Young Author’s Day, End of Year Celebration, and more. It’s a great way to spend time with your TK/Kindergarten student and to get to know their new friends!
Class parties are often held during lunchtime and food is donated by parents in the class. Sign-up sheets are distributed for parents to volunteer to bring food and paper products, as well as set-up and clean-up for each event. If your child has allergies or dietary restrictions, please send your child with a lunch on these days as Room Parent volunteers unfortunately cannot be responsible for placing special orders, nor does the Classroom Fund allow for such accommodations.
TK/Kindergarten students have their own “Kindergarten Yard”. In the morning, all TK/Kindergarten students report to the Kindergarten Yard, where they meet in teacher-designated spots at the bell. Teachers will escort them to their classroom. (For the safety of our children, the Big Yard is reserved for grades 1st – 5th.)
- KINDERGARTEN YARD DUTY: TK/Kindergarten classes share the front Kindergarten Yard every morning. These 4-5 classes rotate months supervising the students. A minimum of 2 parents are required/morning from 7:30 AM – 8:10 AM to monitor the play and safety on the yard until the bell rings. Yard Duty is MANDATORY for all TK/Kindergarten families, and you’ll enjoy sporting a bright orange vest that signals you’re on duty! Room Parents will provide a schedule. Thank you in advance for keeping our children safe on the yard!
Morning Assembly is a weekly school-wide gathering of all classes on the Big Yard. Students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing a Roscomare shirt or sweatshirt (see SPIRIT WEAR)! You can purchase tshirts and other spirit wear online. Our Principal gives stickers to childen wearing their Roscomare shirts on spirit day. At Assembly, students are given “Principals Awards” and timely information is shared with the students from our Principal and Student Council.
Parents are welcome to attend assembly (this may not be the case for 2021 due to Covid-19). Your child will report to the Kindergarten Yard and will be escorted with their class to assembly.
FREE & EASY WAYS YOU CAN EARN MONEY FOR ROSCOMARE
Encourage grandparents, friends, family and neighbors to earn FREE dollars for Roscomare too!
- RALPH’S: Sign up online –Simply sign-up your existing Ralph’s Rewards Card at www.ralphs.com, go to “Account Summary” and under “Community Rewards”, search “Roscomare”. If you don’t have a Rewards Card, sign up today! We are able to earn a lot of money from this and it doesn’t cost you anything. Please take the time to do this now. Ask at least one family member to select Roscomare too!
- AMAZON SMILE: Simply select ROSCOMARE as your Amazon Smile Charity and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchase to our school! Amazon Smile is the same Amazon you know and love: same products, prices and services. Start your shopping at smile.amazon.com or use this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/95-3995859
Roscomare families support the businesses that support our amazing school. Your company (or let a friend with a company know) will be noticed by approximately 6,500 commuters, parents and teachers daily and enjoy a tax deductible donation while supporting our school. Or join the Corporate Sponsorship team and help bring in new sponsors. We offer multiple levels from $250 – $5,500+. Click here to see available packages online offering on-campus outdoor vinyl banners, newsletter ads, advertising on our website and more.
Community Fundraising is essential to providing the high quality of education that is offered to all students at Roscomare. Various school-wide fundraisers are held throughout the year, helping to bridge the budget gap between our Annual Giving and Budget needs. These events truly take a village and are a great way to get to know your Roscomare Community!
- BOOK FAIR: Scholastic books and supplies are sold on-campus in our auditorium and online during this week-long event in September including before and after Back to school nights, and in May for summer reading. Many volunteers are needed to facilitate this fundraiser. Our children LOVE having a book store at their school! They learn a lot too! Friends of Roscomare uses proceeds to purchase more hardcover books for our library, books for our classrooms, and our educational programs.
- GIFT WRAP/Home items (pre-holiday shopping): Gift wrap and other great pre-holiday items will be available for purchase in September for 2 weeks, and will help support our school. Contact Lani Saken (email@example.com) with any questions or to help on distribution day before the holidays!
- WALK-A-THON: An energetic, health-focused, fun-filled event that takes place on-campus as students solicit sponsors from family and friends and earn money for our school for each lap they walk. Volunteers from each class are needed. Walk-A-Thon is held on a Friday in November.
- SPELL-A-THON: Students solicit sponsors from family and friends and earn money for our school for each word spelled correctly. Teachers send home a list to study in preparation. This event is held in your classroom in February. And yes, your Roscomare Kindergartner will participate by spelling the words he/she has already learned!
- GALA: A fun-filled, semi-formal, evening event with dinner, dancing, open-bar reception, as well as amazing live and silent auctions. This event is for parents, teachers and Principal. The 2019 Gala will be held in March. Silent and live auction donations are needed. Please contact Rachel Dworkin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get involved!
- KIDCHELLA Music & Movie Festival: Our spring festival that your family won’t want to miss! Roscomare campus transforms into a kids’ paradise.
- Bel Air Camp FAIR in February: We put on a great FREE community event with bounce houses, bake sale and a variety of amazing day and sleepaway camps showcasing what they offer for the summer with early-bird discounts. This event is for the whole community so spread the word to your friends outside of Roscomare.
- POPSICLE FRIDAYS: Assorted ice cream and popsicles are sold at the lunch benches after school on Fridays for $2. It’s a tasty treat and a tradition our students enjoy.
- JAMBA JUICE TUESDAYS: Assorted flavors for $3, have your child surprise your teacher with one too!
- BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT: An evening reception event in your classroom for parents only. It’s a wonderful opportunity to meet your fellow parents, ask questions, and learn from your teacher about what’s in store for the year. Back to School Night is held in September and is a Minimum Day. Be sure to stop by the Book Fair in the LIBRARY where you can purchase a new book for your child. A Teacher’s Wish List is also available if you would like to donate a book to your class. And our children make a wish list of books they’d like too… which will be sent home. Our music room and our fabulous music teacher will also have him room open to let you know what’s in store for your child this year in the world of music.
- STEM NIGHT: A not-to-be missed early-evening event held in the Fall for enrolled students and parents to explore the wonderful world of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,and Math)! Our teacher-led experiments and activities are designed and grouped for students of various grade-levels. Details and registration forms will be distributed. We have the In-N-Out truck come and dinner is available for advance-purchase the week prior, and families enjoy meeting eachother at the lunch tables. This is a Minimum Day.
- PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES: Conferences are held twice a year: in the Fall and in the Spring. Teachers provide more information during the school year regarding the schedule. Parent Teacher Conference days are Minimum Days and Early Dismissal Tuesdays.
- HOLIDAY SHOW: We have an amazing holiday show in December. This is a not-to-be-missed event in which all students of Roscomare perform thanks to our Annual Giving Fund. A few years back there was no holiday show – please pay your annual giving in August to ensure this.
- CAREER DAY: Career Day provides a special opportunity for our children to learn the interesting and exciting aspects of a parent’s or family member’s career during class time. Career Day is held in the Spring.
- OPEN HOUSE: A special early-evening family event 5pm-7:30pm, providing parents, siblings and other family members a chance to visit the classroom where children showcase their incredible accomplishments and hard work from throughout the year. Pizza and drinks are brought in for purchase and families enjoying dining together at the lunch tables, enjoying a Roscomare Art Exhibit and a performance by the Roscomare Roadrunner String Band and Recorder Ensemble. Open House is held in May and is a Minimum Day.
- YOUNG AUTHORS DAY: A morning in your child’s class that you will treasure. Young Author’s Day takes places at the end of the school year, and, is a chance for parents to hear their child read a short story about someone special in their life. Young Author’s Day for TK/Kindergarten is approximately one hour, starting at 8:10 AM on a designated date in May. Your room parent will provide details.
- SPIRIT DAYS: There are several Spirit Days throughout the school year, as scheduled by Student Council. Themes, such as “Crazy Hair Day” or “Dress Like Your Favorite Book Character” will be announced and students are encouraged to join the fun!
- SPELLING BEE: Roscomare student participate in the national Spelling Bee!
- TEACHER POTLUCKS: Every grade-level collaborates in hosting ONE of the monthly Teacher Appreciation Potluck breakfasts or lunches in the Teacher’s Lounge each year. Kindergarten/TK classes will host in March. Room Parents distribute sign-up sheets in advance. We look forward to celebrating our incredible teachers!
- TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK: Teacher Appreciation Week is a week-long national celebration of educators, held during the first week of May! Room Parents coordinate various tokens of appreciation (flowers, treats, cards, etc.) from the entire class during this week. Parents may also individually gift teachers if they wish. Your Room Parent will distribute a list of your Teacher’s Favorite Things. School-wide parent-hosted potlucks are also organized. We truly appreciate our remarkable teachers at Roscomare!
- PICTURE DAY: Individual and class pictures are taken on a designated date in the first semester. Order forms are distributed. Make-up photos are offered for individual photos only. Individual and class photos are published in the annual school yearbook (see YEARBOOK).
- 2021/22 holiday dates below!*
- Admissions Day: Friday, Sept. 3, 2021
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 6, 2021
- Unassigned Day: Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021
- Unassigned Day: Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021
- Veterans Day: Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021
- Thanksgiving Break: Monday Nov. 22 – Friday, Nov. 26, 2021
- Winter Break: Monday, Dec. 20, 2021 – Friday, Jan. 7, 2022
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: Monday, Jan. 17, 2022
- Presidents’ Day: Monday, Feb. 21, 2022
- Cesar Chavez Day: Monday, March 28, 2022
- Spring Break: Monday, April 11– Friday, April 15, 2022
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 30, 2022
- Summer Break Begins: Friday, June 10, 2022
* dates subject to change
Students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing Rosco Spirit Wear every Friday. Fashionable t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and other great items are available for purchase at the Rosco Retail table in the front of the school once a week after school (this may just be online in the 2021/22 school year). Click here to purchase.
FOR offers after school classes with our Roscomare Art Teacher and Computer teacher as well as a professional Musical theatere program.
Theater Arts rehearsal classes taught by Upstage Productions in our auditorium will be available to K-2 the second half of the school year. It is a twice a week program on Tuesday & Thursday culminating in two professional productions which are usually sold out to an audience of 220 people. The K-2 show for 2020/21 school year will be Seussical Kids! Stay tuned for sign ups in December – these classes fill up fast! Kindergarten children are picked up at their classes after school by Upstage teachers and brought to the auditorium. (The 3rd-5th grade will have a program the first half of the year which in 2021/22 will be “Beauty and The Beast”) .
STAR is our on-campus after-school program, offering additional enrichment classes after hours. Visit www.starinc.org. TK/Kindergarten students are escorted from the classroom after school by the STAR staff. Enrollment forms are available in the office.
LOST & FOUND
Lost & Found is located near the lunch benches. Unclaimed items are donated to charity several times each year, so be sure to pick up your lost items.
Roscomare’s annual yearbook is available for advance purchase at www.TreeRing.com. Customized and personalized page options are available to make a unique keepsake for your child. Order details and deadline information will be distributed. There is a discount for purchases at the beginning of the year. The yearbooks arrive the last week of school and even Kindergarten children have all their friends and teachers sign it.
Still have questions? Don’t miss the TK/Kindergarten welcome the week before school begins. Our Principal and our Friends of Roscomare Board members will be present and will go thru many of the items above.